Saturday, April 25, 2009

Matchbox Drawer

I saw some little Matchbox Drawers on Becky Roberts and Gretchen Barron's blogs and I did a little combining of the two. I used a different DSP (Parisian Breeze Specialty) for the front of the drawers and the 2 5/8 x 10 inch piece that went around the 3 boxes. The little piece of DSP on the front is about 1/2 x 1 7/8 inches. I added 6 of the Baja Breeze small Corduroy Buttons. I used the reverse DSP on the middle drawer. The matchboxes are made from Baja Breeze Cardstock. I used Sticky Strip to adhesive the piece of DSP that goes around the box. I also added 22 inches (would probably go 24 inches next time) of the lovely new White Organza Ribbon #114139 on page 179 of the Stamin' Up! Catalog--15 yards for $5.95 so it goes a long ways!
O The tag on the side is also on the Matchbox Die and I stamped "Just a Little Thanks" from the Matchbox Messages that is also in the Occasions Mini catalog on page 17 $25.95. I used Baja Breeze ink and then punched it with the 1 1/4 inch punch. I sponged around the white card stock and the Baja Breeze Tag. Linen Thread was used to attach the tag to the ribbon. You can use these to put chocolates or make some tags and put them in the drawers. I am going to make another one using a different handle on the drawers. The matchboxes were made with the Big Shot and Bigz Dies. Love this machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are still waiting for the foal! So overdue!

3 comments:

Brenda Marshall said...

Love these little drawers, too cute! Brenda

Sandie said...

Peggy, I simply adored this little set of drawers! I had a blast making one and can't wait to make more! I've going to have the best time ever with that new Sizzix die!

Sandie said...

love this little drawer so much I bought the die!