Monday, March 23, 2009

Boxes


These are a couple of boxes I made with the new Box #2 that I made with the Big Shot. Talk about a quick package! You run this through the Big Shot with a half piece of DSP and then fold on the score lines, add a little adhesive and you are done except for your embellishments-way under 5 minutes. On the top box I used Tea Party DSP, image from Sock Monkey, scallop punch, and 1 1/4 inch circle punch and some So Saffron Ribbon from Saleabration. I just reversed the DSP for the scallop paper and also added some punches with my hand punch so get the little holes in the scallop.


I made a little different embellishment on this box. I used the DSP from Sweet Always and added some Pink Pirouette striped ribbon and the new scallop oval punch and small oval punch with the image from Sock Monkey. I also added our new brown flower brad found on page 175 of the Stampin' Up! catalog. You can get 32 brads (8 of each color-- Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip) for only $6.95. On the side I punched an oval hole and then added a piece of transparancy over the hole. On the inside you can see I put some shredded paper and of course some chocolate eggs.
Now off to get a package ready for my great niece in Lincoln, NE! She is in kindergarten and her teacher has asked for some supplies to make cards and address envelopes! The students are learning how to address envelopes and write letters so they learn the importance of reading and writing. I just happen to have a box full of cards, envelopes, adhesives, etc. I can send her. We are all suppose to write her a letter so she gets some mail! What a great idea!!! We are suppose to be getting in a huge storm today and tomorrow with 60 mph winds and a foot of snow with 30 to 40 inches in the Black Hills! Yesterday at 79 degrees we spent the day getting shelter for all the animals and of course we are in the midst of calving so it creates another challenge. Life on the ranch is always interesting and full of surprises!!!! Have a great day and keep warm.


No comments: