Saturday, March 8, 2008

Western Coasters




We had a busy day today as we had the Red Hat ladies from New Underwood get together with the Elm Springs ladies and have a salad luncheon. Afterwards we played a card game "Peanuts". Then I rushed to the Event Center to listen to Dr. Shan speak about the Equine Reproductive System. It was very informative and interesting. Yesterday a friend called and wanted me to make her some western coasters. I stamped 4 of these with Craft Chocolate Chip ink on the Tumbled Marble Tiles from Lowes. They come in a box 0f 9. I let them dry and then sprayed them with a Matte spray twice. (letting them dry in between)
You can also bake them in an oven for 30 minutes at 250 degrees before you spray them. I have tried both techniques.

Here are all four tiles. You can also use Staz On ink but if you make a mistake it is hard to get the ink off. The best way to get it off is to use Staz On cleaner. If you make a mistake with Craft Ink you can just wipe it off with a wet paper towel.


On the back of the tile I added a circle adhesive on each corner. I had these adhesives but you can pick them up in the frame department of a craft store.


After they dried I put them together and tied raffia around them. These make a nice quick gift.

No comments: