Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rub Ons

It has been awhile since I published a card! How time flies when you are busy with projects. Our fund raiser for Jaycie was a great success! A lot of barrel racers showed up and we all had fun at the auction! A Special Thank You for everyone that donated items to make this auction a success!!! Yesterday was Stamp Club and of course we always have a fantastic time with our little group! We have also decided to start a Scrapbook Club during the week and daytime. If you would like to join please let me know what day of the week would work for you. Now to share a new project with you. I saw a card like this on Dawn's site! I changed the stamp set and colors so it looks like a completely different card. I cut a piece of Groovy Guava cardstock in half (4 1/4 x 11 1/2) and scored it in the middle. Some black doodle marks were added on the edge of the card. I added the Rub Ons from Sale-a-bration on a piece of white card stock (3 x 5) and then sponged around the rub ons with Groovy Guava. I think I may have got it a little too much but will keep experimenting with it. Then I added Black ribbon (retired SU- small organdy) around the card and made 2 bows to add on top of the long ribbon. (wish they made Black Taffeta Ribbon) Then I layered Black, Groovy Guava, and white card stock and stamped the flower from Year after Year (p. 60 of Stampin Up Idea Book)with Black ink and doodled around the white edges with a Black Marker. Using the aqua markers I painted in the flowers with Groovy Guava and Wild Wasabi ink. Last I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Stampin Dimensions were used under the small black card stock. You could use so many different stamp sets with this card! Have fun with it!

No comments: