Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sassy Suzie


Yesterday as I was up to the VA waiting for my dad between appointments I was putting my stamp sets together. Actually, with this set Sassy Suzie, it is already die cut so you can just put the images on very quickly. Of course, every veteran was staring and asking questions of what I was doing. Too bad it wasn't a room full of ladies!! This morning I was unloading my car before I started cleaning a shed and of course there was those stamp sets staring me in the face! Oh, my word, how much fun can you have in one hour! (my shed is not cleaned but I had fun stamping) The fun of retirement!!!
I made this card with a friend in mind. It is made from black, white and going gray card stock. I just had to add a little Black Stickles to her shoes, cup and jewelry and of course make her hair look like it has been dyed black.



This red card had some Designer Series Paper from the new Summer Picnic added along the side of the Real Red card stock. "You're so Sweet" is from the rub ons in A Perfect Day in the Occasions Mini catalog. I also added black card stock around the image and greeting and of course some more red Stickles.








The Pretty in Pink card image has been stamped with Black ink and then I used Watercolor Pencils and the aqua painter to blend the colors with. I double framed the image with Pretty In Pink and Real Red. I added a couple of Red Rhinestone Brads on the greeting. On the left side I put some red gingham ribbon through the new silver slides from the Silver Hodgepodge Kit. I also added Stickles to the slider and let it dry before putting the ribbon through. Stickles was also added on the shoes, jewelry, cup and of course the red table had to glisten a little. So much fun with the Sassy Suzie set found in the new Occasions Mini!! She's a stitch!!!

1 comment:

Mistifi said...

you make your own stamp sets? Where can I buy? That stamp of the lady at the table is too precious. May I link to your blog?