Saturday, February 21, 2009

Diaper Cake

We had such a nice time last night at the baby shower. This is the diaper cake we made. We wrapped around 70 size 1 diapers and then put a rubberband around each one. On the bottom layer we had 3 layers, 2 layers on the middle row, and one layer on the top row.
This is a picture of the diaper cake on the table with the Big Shot Pendants.




I added a little stuffed dog on the top which of course had to make a noise. In the middle of the cake is a 15 oz. bottle of Baby Powder and a 4 oz. baby bottle on top of that so it could hold all of the diapers. On the bottom I put a 12 inch Wilton Cardboard. I also added about 88 inches of Bashful Blue 2 inch card stock along with some 1 1/2 inch So Saffron or DSP. I also cut out some scallops with my Big Shot to cover the seams. The best type of glue to hold the card stock together was Tombow. I tried adhesive, glue dots, and Sticky Strip but it kept popping loose so I finally tried the Tombow and let it dry and then put it over the top of the diapers. We also served Fajitas and Snicker Salad. What a nice evening! The little one slept most of the evening and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and the new gifts!

No comments: