Friday, July 4, 2008

Simple Flower Box


Happy Fourth of July! I went out early this morning and hoed around some trees. Great exercise! Then we unloaded some hay bales. I can't believe how I have lost so much strength! Those buggers are heavy! This is a real simple and quick box. You could use it to put a bunch of cards in or just use it for a gift box. You can use any color of 10 x 12 card stock and score it on the 2" and 8" on the ten inch side. Then score it on the 5" and 7" on the twelve inch side. Cut two 2" lines on each side of cs that are on the 5 & 7 " lines. Fold up the lines and be sure to put the tab in between the longer sides. I adhesive with the stickystrip as it holds much better. I embellished the box by adding a piece of Regal Rose cs onto the Tempting Turquoise box on both sides. Then I added a piece of DSP Flowers For You onto the Regal Rose cs. You can put 4 Jumbo Brads in the box with your Cropodile but be careful so you don't catch it on the other side and make an extra hole (through experience). I used 5/8" Rose Grosgrain Ribbon and started at the bottom , came up and made a handle, added the brad, and then back down under the bottom and up on the other side, etc. I used the cropodile to put a hole in the ribbon also. A fun and quick box!!! Enjoy!

No comments: