Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wax Paper Cards

This is a card we made at Carol's workshop on Saturday. Carol demonstrated this wax paper technique that she had got from Vel. You can run a piece of wax paper through the Cuttle Bug and then lay a partial piece on a piece of glossy card stock. Lay another piece of typing paper over the wax paper and iron it with your iron. Lift off and ta doo! What an awesome background.Then you take your brayer and go over the wax paper section. The stamp set used was Bloomin Beautiful.
This background was created by just crumpling up a piece of wax paper and ironing over it. I used Brilliant Blue with the brayer.

Here is another card I made for Father's Day! Be careful not to touch it when wet as you can see I got a few smudges on it! You may want to take a paper towel and wipe over it after you are done braying. I think it helps with the drying technique! I used Blue Bayou ink and Chocolate Brown and Caramel card stock. I had seen a card like this on the internet but can't remember who to give credit to. She used a different background. You can also use the star punches and the Hodgepodge Kit. It is kind of messy but interesting!


No comments: