Friday, December 11, 2009

Rag Purses

We are back from Vegas of watching the National Finals for 3 nights and so now I will be trying to do a lot of catch up! We had a great time but we were ready to get back to less people. These are the purses that I have been making using the Big Shot and the Scalloped Square Die. The first one I used 3 different materials but did not have a lot of contrast in the materials. You can cut 8 squares at a time so it does not take long to cut out the 38 squares. You add a piece of cotton batting in between each square and then start sewing together. I got my directions from Angie's
website. The bottom picture I used more contrast in the material and I like it a little better. I have made 4 of these so far and each time I make one I seem to figure out another strategy. I also added a button for the closure. These would also make good camera cases. You could also make them larger by adding more squares. If you have any questions just drop me an email. I hope you have a great day and enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: