Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Angel Tile

This is an Angel Tile that I CASED from Andrea's site. Andrea has some beautiful projects on her site. Thank you Andrea for all of your ideas! I stamped the angel from the Holy Triptych set with Black Staz On Ink and then used the Shimmer Paints to color the angel with. I painted the wings with Platinum Shimmer Paint and mixed Frost White with Ruby Red Classic Reinker on the gown. I put a little dab of Frost White on my plastic container and then added a dab of reinker and mixed them together. The hair is Soft Suede and the skin is Blush Blossom. After I finished painting with a small watercolor brush I used a sponge and Soft Suede and rubbed on the tile around the edges and left a little white around the angel to look like it is glowing. This picture does not show the real affect of the sponging. I baked mine in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, let it cool, and then sprayed with Krylon sealer. You can add the little felt or cork on the bottom and use for a trivet.

No comments: